Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ugh. When someone finds an easy way to do fair isle, please notify me. It drives me up a wall sometimes. Like, this was going to be a tank top or something:

But it drove me crazy. See that? I didn't even last three inches. It would have been really cute if I'd just sucked it up and finished, but no. I hated doing it because all that switching around was just a pain in the ass. I envy anyone with the patience to do vertical stripes.




The past few days I've been fiddling around with lace knitting. Learning it, I mean. I've made countless practice swatches with different things and frogged the hell out of all of them. The only lacy-ish thing I plan on finishing so far is this beginning of a shawl... it's so very easy and I think it'll actually turn out cute without too much complication. I'm all about simplicity, man.










After this I'll go on to more complicated lacy projects, naturally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home