Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Oooh, I have a really good idea for a sweater and some fuzzy yarn. I think it's Lion Brand Homespun, but I can't be sure because my sister took off the label months ago. I hope it works out well without me having to start over eighty times. Normally that happens when I design stuff (which is almost every time I knit). I'm just too magnificent to use a pattern. Haha, no, I just never like the patterns I see enough to follow them directly.
Anyway, I was thinking of a regular sweater... with a twist. Literally, a twist in the front. You know how when you knit on circulars and don't get all the stitches untwisted before joining? I think I'm going to do that on purpose. Now the only trouble will be to make it not look like a shrug. I think I'll have to skip some stitches in the center so it'll twist easily without being bulky, and then make a low neckline so the whole thing doesn't ride up to the top.
Okay, so, I'm going to wing it and basically I have no idea what it will look like, but that's part of the fun, right?! Yesss...

2 Comments:

At September 09, 2005 6:25 PM, Blogger Janey said...

Do yoo mean the top part of the sweater being like a moebius scarf?
And then just continue it down - picking up stitches along one side of the moebius part to make the body of the sweater.

Here's a picture, not a particularly good one, but it's a *short* moebius scarf: http://www.twinwillowsfarm.com/moebius_scarf.html

(Just do a Search of "moebius scarf" to see others.)

 
At September 10, 2005 9:44 PM, Blogger Sally Sue said...

Yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home