Thursday, September 15, 2005

So my friend and I started this club at school. The "It's Not Just For Grandmas" Club. We are going to teach knitting, sewing, cooking, baking, crocheting, needlepoint, possibly latch-hook and screen printing. I AM SO EXCITED. We had our first meeting and a looo-ooot of people showed up! For the first time I might actually be popular, but it's probably just my club.
I may talk about how it's going later if anything interesting happens, such as a room full of people knitting (imagine that joygasm) or screen printing (which I'm really excited about!). It's not just for Grandmas biiaatch!
I'm finding out which classes it's okay to knit during. Chemistry is definitely okay because my teacher is more excited about what I'm making than whether or not I did my homework. (She's the moderator for our club.) Not history or English because those teachers think I'm not paying attention. Art, only after I finish assignments. Creative writing is okay. Study and Theology are okay, Algebra is always okay 'cause the teacher really just doesn't care. I bet you could be shaving your legs during a test and he wouldn't say a thing.

I'm making a sweater for my friend's 6-month old niece, Kyliegh! I'm excited; I've never had the opportunity to make baby stuff before. It's even more fun because I'm making up the pattern. I'll hold off on posting pictures until I'm finished because it's really hard to make a WIP on dpn's look good.

I'm about 85% done with the body of my elephant sweater. That's pretty exciting, especially since the intarsia part is done. My grandma positively swooned over it when she saw my elephant. I think it's good, but nothing amazing. The yarn is scratchy and I wanted to make the elephant bigger. ::sigh:: Next time.

1 Comments:

At September 15, 2005 4:27 PM, Blogger BuNNi said...

Wow, your club thing sounds awesome. If I went to your school I would totally join!

And stuff on dpns can look good. Your sock did. =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home