Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gary, the very squarey Stashbuster, is grooooowing.

















At 5 feet, I am looking only about 40% finished with this ample scarf. But that's because, since I deeply deplore the effort of weaving in ends, I am making it double-sided. Isn't it ironic how some knitters (please understand that when I say "some knitters" I really mean just me) are willing to go to great lengths, literally, expressly to avoid a couple hours of finishing? I mean, each of these squares are taking me up to two hours apiece. And I am entirely willing to indenture my soul to more than ten times the amount of work just so that I don't have to pick up a fucking crochet hook? Somehow it's supposed to make sense, I promise.
It's a fun knit, though, to say the least. I have a rebounding appreciation for garter stitch that was lost pretty much as soon as I learned to purl. Now I'm realizing that garter stitch can be pretty dope in its own way. Especially, it seems, in squares that resemble...
a very pixelated coral reef.
Or... hey, now that I think about it, that Windows XP desktop wallpaper of a desert. Nah'mean?



It wasn't intentional.










Not much else getting bigger in the knitting realm, just my big squarey scarf. Also pictured are: Pride and Prejudice on CD (I cheat at school by pumpin' up the Elizabeth Bennet on my car stereo) and a
housing application for UK. Go Cats?

4 Comments:

At February 21, 2007 1:11 AM, Blogger José said...

They ARE awesome colours!!

 
At February 21, 2007 9:33 AM, Blogger Anushka said...

LOL! You make me laugh. I'm doing P&P at school too. My English teacher actually told me not to bother rereading it for revision, just to buy the BBC dramatised version on DVD and watch that. It will take about six hours, with cake breaks. They take the words almost exactly from the book, so chances are that if you quote from the TV you'll get it right. (NOT like the stupid Keira Knightly version which is COMPLETELY historically unaccurate.)

 
At February 21, 2007 3:16 PM, Blogger rachel iufer said...

i actually watch the BBC P&P every weekend while i knit. the quotes are definintely direct and the movie captures jane austen's writing style too. maybe it's just me, but i love that book (and the movie), although i know that being forced to read it can take all the fun out of any book.

the scarf kicks ass.

 
At February 21, 2007 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I despise reading books for school. I am supposed to read Paradise Lost - so boring!!!- and I doubt I am going to gte finished.
The tihng about skipping homework while homeschooled, is that instead of getting a bad grade... you grounded until the work is done. lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home