Thursday, November 09, 2006

Some of you may have thought I was kidding about my inability to bake without using food coloring.
I really, really wasn't.





















This affinity for saturation overload is also reflected in my daily life (as long as "daily life" and "knitting" are synonymous), in projects such as the three sweaters from the previous post, as well as in others.






















I guess the point of this is that I found a new resource for free lace patterns, yarnover.net. Really exciting for me, since lace is seriously the one thing I don't know how to "wing it" for. Someday I will be writing my own lace patterns, mark my words. But for now, I guess directions will satisfy. Free directions, that is.
In the name of all that is gaudy, pay no attention to the utter tastelessness of every single picture I post. Displaying distracting yarn in a semi-complex openwork pattern draped across leopard print betsheets?
You bet.
Hey, the disoriented splotches of the different colors almost resemble my face after the GWAR concert a couple weeks ago.












Of course, this picture doesn't capture the "blood" soaking my clothes, or the "jiz" (or was it heroin?) sloshing in my inner ear. Yeah. GWAR is a pretty fun time.

Oh, I almost committed the best felony the other day. (Somehow that doesn't sound as awesome as I wanted it to... hm.) My sister's out of the country, so I was going to vote in the congressional election using her I.D. But alas; for whatever reason, she apparently felt the need to bring her driver's license with her to India.
But really, though--twenty years from now, I would LOVE to be able to look back and say, "yeah man, I to voted with a fake I.D. when I was seventeen." To be able to say that would give me great pleasure. Oh, well. I guess no voter fraud for me. Kind of a bummer.
It's fine, though. I would have gone for a straight Democratic ticket, but upon seeing the results, it looks like my vote wasn't needed after all. :)


I think I've been both innappropriate as well as knitterly enough for one day. Peace, everyone.

2 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigosh, this post is awesome. By far one of the best knit blog posts I've read in a long time. I wish you'd gotten to vote.

 
At November 13, 2006 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been really into knitting lace lately. Too bad it always looks like crap and I end up frogging it anyway. Except for Branching Out, that turned out pretty good.
Those cookies look strangely good... and yet kind of gross at the same time. I quite like the food coloring idea. It may make people leave my food alone =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home