Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I promised a WIP update, and I guess it's well overdue.
Currently occupying my #5 dpn's is one electric kneesock with nothing to finish but a toe. Evidently it has shocked itself into a coma, for I haven't been able to get a viable response out of it for days. Either it regains consciousness soon or it is doomed to perish, incomplete, in the single life for eternity.
The red sweater, on the other hand, is very much alive and growing. I'm psyched about how cute it's turning out; if I thought it was at all acceptable to wear a vest outside of my antiquated Catholic school I might actually leave it as-is. But alas. It yet awaits a pair of short sleeves and a ribbed neck band. Ready for the knitting-because-what-else-would-I-do-on-the-night-before-four-tests-in-my-surfboard-boxers shot? Here it is:
























I started another pair of socks, too. They're going to be wonderful: blue with just enough tan colorwork to make them visually interesting. I'll post pictures once I have a bit more progress.

Finally, my last work-in-progress happens to be a fantastically planned (okay, I drew it on a piece of notebook paper ... but that is a lot of planning, for me. What, numbers? I'm unacquainted with the concept.) cardigan. I have a clear vision of it turning out terribly cute, the shaping is going to be superb, and the back is well on its way to being finished.

And this is all you're getting.















Cheers!

3 Comments:

At September 24, 2006 3:02 AM, Blogger Nicole W said...

I'm totally digging your red sweater.It is looking great!
Can't wait to see the FO

 
At September 26, 2006 8:18 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

i love how you kept the cables going around the neckline! i'd wear it as is, but i bet the FO will be even better.

 
At September 29, 2006 8:09 AM, Blogger jenna said...

I agree---It's really cute right now, but I'll definitely be checking back to see the sleeves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home