Monday, August 28, 2006

The juxtaposition of traditional, Scandinavian-inspired fair isle with the sensibility of a kneesock--and--the most synthetic, retina-burningly flourescent yarn Wal-Mart has to offer?























You already know what I think about that. I think hell yes.


Nothing like a good heavy dose of knitter's irony to kick off a bout with Faulkner under my AP English teacher's unsympathetic negligence.

This sock, this darling sock, has served as a fine breather from this mess:























Why, oh why, am I simply incapable of picking a cable panel and sticking to it? That's twice, now, that I've changed my mind about the pattern 10% of the way through this design and ripped. I still don't understand the concept of commitment. Even worse, I have had more combatting opinions about bobbles in the past week than I even knew existed.

I'm considering just scrapping the whole idea of winging it and submitting to a basic braid or something. You know, something that has already been thought (and charted) out before me.

3 Comments:

At August 29, 2006 2:02 AM, Blogger Anushka said...

That picture made me laugh! Oh, if only we didn't have to wear uniforms at my school. The revenge I would exact on my teachers and peers....


x nush

 
At August 29, 2006 8:58 AM, Blogger lomester said...

You make walmart yarn look so cute!

 
At September 05, 2006 3:03 AM, Blogger Alice said...

I like that juxaposition a lot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home