Monday, August 14, 2006

Perhaps a problem with being a Libra rising is that I want to make lots of tiny beautiful things, none of which will be of much use to anybody, but look how pretty!






















Luckily I'm a Gemini sun and know how to multitask. Look at that--muckracking, a brainlessly predictable thriller, homework, and a doily all at once! Before this pink, sweet bit of nothing came about I was working on a very large, more incredibly useless swatch of lace stitches, but that's going in the frog pond.

To contribute to this momentary lace spasm (who wears shawls, honestly? But again, I repeat to myself, look how pretty!) the new Knitpicks catalog came in the mail today... and, I ask myself, how is it that I haven't seen this yet? Most breathtaking lace pieces I see are quickly swallowed by that glimmer of logic, the saving notion that I have never known anyone to wear a shawl, not even my ninety-two-year-old great grandmother, let alone been compelled to don one myself. The Rona Lace Shawl, however, all but made my heart stop. Its intricate perfection is enough to set any logic into flames. I want to knit this. I want to spend a little bit of money and nearly one third of my lifetime following charts and getting frustrated over itty bitty needles and slippery yarn-overs just so that I can have the satisfaction of casting off this beauty, blocking it, taking pictures, and throwing the crumpled garment in to the corner of my closet to collect dust. Ooooh, I want.

1 Comments:

At August 15, 2006 12:43 PM, Blogger Anushka said...

Heheh, how funny :) I know that tempting knitterly feeling all too well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home