Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm getting reacquainted with my sewing machine.


























It's a big-ass ear on my shirt! It's to share the importance of listening, plus I have a fascination with anatomy. I've had a halfway-finished shirt with inner organ appliques on it for months now, but I really don't want to cut the pieces for the small intestine. The digestive system has to wait. Meanwhile, I've moved onto machine embroidery (I cheat by sewing over paper and ripping it off). I would have done an inner ear because they have those sweet logarithmic spirals, but no one would have known what it was.

Next up in the sewing world will be a bright floral sundress.




















I'm not going to foolishly anticipate that it'll turn out even in the remote semblance of the original illustration, but it's nice to have a dream, isn't it?
The fabric's so nice. I think it's rayon, too. Breezy!

I've been listening to the Mountain Goats a lot lately. They've got Weakerthans-Neutral Milk Hotel-esque warbly-voice poetry, but there's also a bluegrassy, nature metaphor Fruit Bats taste to their music. Pretty.

1 Comments:

At June 03, 2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

wow, i love your blog! i don't even remember how i stumbled upon it...you've made a lot of really great projects! your prom dress was really impressive :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home