Sunday, April 30, 2006

I am delighted to report that my prom dress was a success. Prepare for a picture heavy post.
(Oh, and blogger is terrible at resizing everything... click the pictures for a large, clearer view.)
















































I deem it necessary to point out that the stupid flash caused my bright blue shorts to show through much more than they did in real life. My hair, on the other hand, really was that messy. I wasn't thinking very hard when I fixed it into a spiraling, knotted braid at the top of my head with haphazard tangles falling from my head. Needless to say, it promptly fell out into a wild mass of fuzz and barrettes.
One more picture, this time sans the mane:
























Yeah, yeah, the dress turned out well, but the dance proved to be a total drag. Most of what the DJ played was new rap music, which sounded like ring tones with vulgar lyrics croaked out over them. It was ridiculously boring, and I danced so hard to Sandstorm at the beginning that my stomach hurt for the rest of the dance. Luckily we got there at 9 and left at 11 (the minimum amount of time we were allowed to be there), and had a lot more fun just hanging out in the car in Steak n' Shake's parking lot, laughing too hard at things that aren't funny. Which is the best. (This was only junior prom, so at least now I know not to waste my time again next year.)

Me and the date

















Lauren and the date


















Putting table decorations to good use




















Okay, so I can tell that by now you are all sick of mine and my friends' collective ugliness. Onward!
Much knitting is to come after this. Now I can finally dig back into my array of knitted beginnings, all of which I was forced to bury for the sake of this dress hanging over my head.
Oh, and I ordered a bunch of yarn from KnitPicks.com this morning, which my mom paid for since I'm a poor, jobless kid. Isn't she sweet?

8 Comments:

At April 30, 2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Shadkitty said...

Ah! This is genuis! You have to share some of what you did with me, especially for the skirt part. I'd love to incorporate it into my designs for my renfest costume!

 
At May 02, 2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great job you did on that dress. Its gorgeous!

 
At May 02, 2006 11:35 AM, Blogger Anushka said...

Oh my god.

You look/ed AMAZING!!!!

Who cares about the prom being boring, at least you got to make that dress :D

I'm on a knitting high just from looking at that!

 
At May 03, 2006 8:48 PM, Blogger Melannen said...

I wish I was as great at designing knit stuff as you are (I hope that made sense, I'm kinda tired). Great Job! I love the pics of you and your friends! Looks like you had a good time even though the dance was lame :o)

-night_owl from craftster

 
At May 04, 2006 2:06 AM, Blogger Sally Sue said...

Thanks, you guys!

Melannen, I didn't know you had a blog :)
I'm working on your letter!

 
At May 08, 2006 5:04 PM, Blogger Alexa said...

I have to say, you're quite the designer! Props to you for knitting such a large-scale project, I can barely get myself through hats, haha.

 
At May 17, 2006 3:24 PM, Blogger rachel iufer said...

A-frickin-mazing. i saw this on craftster and it's mind boggling. i love it! i love all the innovative and unique stuff you've made. very impressive and inspiring!

 
At September 08, 2006 12:18 AM, Blogger Fayme Zelena Harper said...

You are quite the inspiration. My daughter also made her own prom dress, then was too chicken to tell anyone she made it herself! I'm sure the prom wasn't boring as long as you were there. Happy knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home