Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'm sick again. My throat hurts and I'm tired, but at least I get to just sit around all day with a mug of peach tea next to me, knitting and reading people from Craftsters' blogs.
Y'know... exactly the same stuff I'd be doing if I were not sick, only justified. :)

I'm finished with the back of my sweater now! All I have left are sleeves, a yoke, and two faux button bands. You'll understand the need for faux button bands when you see my original sketch:
















So you see, it's like a double-breasted jacket ... only a sweater. And a lot different from the drawing, too. I don't know exactly how it's going to look yet, but there's a starting point.
I keep on praying I don't run out of yarn. It took 2 1/4 skeins for the front and the back, and I have 1 3/4 left. I'm crossing my fingers (figuratively, for I can't do that and knit at the same time).

I'm procrastinating on a lot of things right now. Aside from school, (as school is always the same story and I'm always procrastinating on at least two projects and four homework assignments, give or take) I am also procrastinating on practicing cello, learning to drive, and making my prom dress.
I told myself that for Lent I was going to try to practice cello every day. Well, I've already cheated two times. I really hope I don't fall behind, because I've got an audition for a great scholarship program in precisely two weeks. I'm playing Popper's Hungarian Rhapsody ... the piece is magnificent and just sings about gypsies. It's so dancy and fun to play. Must. Practice.

On the prom dress, I have an MS Paint sketch of how it's going to look!
Behold...


















My boyfriend said it looks like an elf dress. What a compliment! The top is in the lattice lace stitch(same stitch as on Rowan's Butterfly, I believe, if you're familiar with either).
I've got the bust done and I'm almost ready to start the midsection, except--and this is of utmost importance--I don't want it to be just plain teal. Tell me, how might I spice it up? I thought about beading, but I would have to go out and find beads I liked for it. Maybe some more openwork? I'm quite fond of the feather & fan stitch, but perhaps not for the stomach part of a dress.
Any opinions?
And, also: what color fabric should I line it with? My best friend says bright green. Opinions on that?
I'm really open to anyone's opinion. The design is still in the making, so now is the time for help or constructive criticism.
The only thing I'm not changing is the colors. I love them!

1 Comments:

At March 11, 2006 8:03 PM, Blogger Messel said...

Hmmm... I especially like that you have your sweater drawing with your chemistry (?) notes. How very fitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home