Friday, March 31, 2006

You know those articles of clothing that look just great, until you try them on? Yeah.
























About the buttons, I wanted there to be more than just two on either side (maybe that's why the sweater looks so idiotic right now!) but I haven't bought any yet. These were just 3 spare pea coat buttons and one mismatched black button. Heh.
You know, a row of three or five buttons that actually matched each other would probably make this sweater much less atrocious, but I wanted to post pictures on the blog before I left for South Carolina.

But see the poofiness? See how somewhere along the way I spontaneously thought that a random slit in the yoke would look interesting and neat? See how wrong I was?


I dunno, I guess it's not too bad from the back:






















Eh. I like the retro cut. 40s or 80s, or one of those decades with the broad shoulders and skinny waistlines. That part I do like.


I've decided that this week, because the fugly sock from the previous post has been frogged, I will have an adventure with lace! And work on my prom dress...
See ya! (springbreakohsixwhoowhoo)

2 Comments:

At April 08, 2006 9:20 PM, Blogger Anushka said...

Hey-hey!

Have been thinking about this. I love the shaping as well - the sleeves especially suit you beautifully. I think that more buttons (a row of 3 or 4 pairs) would definately make it look better, as would raising the neckline. If you can bear to do so, I think that a less off-the-shoulder look would suit the design more, though I don't know what you would do - raist it more, or maybe pick up stitches in order to do one of those fold-over tops.

Thinkey-think.

xx

 
At April 09, 2006 9:59 AM, Blogger Sally Sue said...

Thanks for your input, Anushka. I'm definitely going to put more buttons on, I just haven't had the time to go to the craft store yet. As for raising the neckline or doing one of those fold-over things, that was totally already my plan for this sweater...until I ran out of yarn. I literally used up the last inch, so it looks like raising the neckline any is out of the question. :\
I'm sure it will look tons better with more buttons, though... I hope.
<3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home