Saturday, March 18, 2006

At the moment my life looks like a bunched-together mess of panels stretched across eight dpn's.

I took it off, though, once.
The suspenseful second fitting:
(come on, waste yarn. this entire sweater's fate rides on your cooperation.)


























The verdict is that this sweater is too small and too scratchy, but none of this will matter as long as I miraculously have enough yarn to finish it.
My attitude with most everything lately has resorted to "not great, but FINISHED." This is the result of being shoved into overdrive with school (I have seven classes a day, and five of those teachers believe that their class is the only thing going on in my life), as well as pushing myself to do too many extracurricular things at once ... What can I say? I'm a generalist and I like being involved in a variety of projects. I spent the past three days at a YMCA mock United Nations convention. I feel bad because I'm missing film club and two separate creative writing events, all things in I'd agreed to be involved in. I have a cello audition coming up this Saturday. That night there's also a show I want to see. Sunday is an orchestra concert for which I've missed three practices, so I'll be up there faking for sure. My friend keeps calling me for reassurance on her rash relationship decisions, and talking to her seems like a good excuse to put off the analytical research paper my English teacher assigned on the same day a different analytical essay was due to her. My boyfriend wants to hang out because we only get to see each other on weekends, but I don't even know if I want to spend all of my free time in another person's company... I kind of just want to knit.
*sigh*
Even if this doesn't sound to you like a lot of things to worry about, I am slightly overwhelmed. I am the kind of person who would sleep twelve hours a night if it was even remotely feasable. But then again, I always agree to do all kinds of things with different groups and then I end up persistently overwhelmed from August to May.

Still puzzled about my prom dress. I don't want the stomach part of it to be just plain old stockinette! I guess if I don't come up with a brilliant lace pattern or design feature soon enough I'll have to leave the plan as it is. But to reiterate, and no, I don't care if my repetition of posting the picture bugs you, I want an idea.
















Comments? Criticisms? Remarks? Opinions? Suggestions? Anyone at all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home