Monday, May 15, 2006

I had a cello recital on Sunday. Hungarian Rhapsody, composed by David Popper.

You can listen to my piece here since Napster is free now. Last track on the album. Just imagine that, only more ammature, and with a piano accompaniment instead of orchestra. It's a really intense, melodramatic, dancy piece. Everyone should be a Popper fan. You know he was a cellist himself?

To emphasize the Bohemian vibe, I dressed up like a gypsy for it. (Because when have I ever passed up the blatant opportunity to transform an average social affair into a costume party? The answer is never.)

Sorry for the blurdom, but here's a picture of me practicing:

(Go-go sixteenth notes in thumb position. I'm proud of my mammoth thumb callous!)
That's a crazy silk shirt, a flowy sequinny wrap skirt, and a glitter head scarf. I had these gaudy earrings and big metallic beads braided into my hair, too. Fun!





Oh, this is a knitting page? Well, I have callouses from that too. Not much textile magnificence amidst preparation for finals, but I'm working on something. Trust me.

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2006 5:26 AM, Blogger Anushka said...

Aaah, thumb position.


*shudder*

Haromics are fun though :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home