Sunday, August 06, 2006

To tell you the truth, I've been home for more than a week now. I've simply been far too busy/lazy/buried under my nostalgia to pay any attention to the blog. But oh, I have been knitting.


FO's!!























The bag felted nicely, and I'm afraid I'm in love with it. The bass clef is actually chocolate brown. I wish the whole thing had pooled the delicious way the top three inches did, but such is life--splotchy stripes are whatever, too.


Here's a top that would have been mine if I'd ever bothered to make a gauge swatch larger than two rows of ten stitches. It's too small for me to wear practically, so right now it's chilling/making a colossal fashion statement on my half-mannequin Felika:


(I don't think "knit core" is copyrighted, since I've seen it several different places. Basically, I stole the term because it's awesome.)













Knitty's Topi, which was a very fast (and very purple) knit. Two days, biaatch!
Modified to have a much shorter brim and some decorative little X's on the sides.





















WIP--a little fingerless glove experiment. This is clearly not a design for worsted weight yarn, but I had to use it for the test drive of the pattern since I'm currently in lust with these two colors.



Next up, how about a completed pair of these? And what of that knobbly, fugged out scarf I'm halfway through? The woman at this store called Kente International asked me if I knew any local artists and I was like, "uh, me." So I have to make all these quick, popular projects so I can sell stuff there. Eventually.

It's good to be home!

5 Comments:

At August 07, 2006 2:17 PM, Blogger SmurfPop said...

God to see you blogging again - I had a suspicion that you were home already! The pooling and stripes on that bag is gorgeous - what lovely colours! x

 
At August 08, 2006 7:09 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

i love the fingerless gloves! and the tube top looks super sassy on that mannequin.

 
At August 08, 2006 9:48 AM, Blogger lomester said...

Welcome home!

I love the bag - if you already promised it to someone you should make yourself one too!

 
At August 11, 2006 4:00 AM, Blogger Anushka said...

Fabulous bag! The bass clef is the best ;)

 
At August 20, 2006 11:43 AM, Blogger Alexa said...

I love the tube top for obvious reasons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home