Thursday, August 17, 2006

My most recent urgent and time consuming WIP:
(and by time consuming, I mean, like, yesterday and today)


















"Ah," you think, "She's hitching a ride on the bandwagon and making herself a little pair of Jaywalkers."



Close! Guess again.























Whee!

You have no idea how many false starts I had on this glove. I was trying to find an interesting enough stitch pattern that wouldn't get totally swallowed by the haphazard dye job. I think I found the perfect one. The outcome of the pattern is really pleasing, I think, and the simplicity makes it good reading work.
I'm really proud of the shaping on this, especially since I am a glove virgin and have only made my first pair of thumb gussets not two weeks ago (I did it wrong then). The obnoxiously charming colorway (gotta use up those leftovers!) make it all the more exciting to get done.
I mean, check out that finger. It just makes me downright gleeful. My next pair are going to use self-striping yarn, all the way.

Hmm, I never did post a picture of that finished pair of wristwarmers, did I? Here they are:


















It took me an obscene amount of time to take this picture. I even tried balancing the camera on my head for a decent angle; I kid you not. :P

1 Comments:

At August 18, 2006 3:32 AM, Blogger Anushka said...

AAAh wow - amazing yarn :)

Would you consider designing a small pattern for Shock Paper Scissors issue #2? (I noticed you still hadn't got hold of issue #1, heh.) You won't be paid but you get a free copy of the zine in exchange. (Please?) Anyway if you fancy it drop me a line at shockpaperscissors[at]gmail[dot]com.

x nush

 

Post a Comment

<< Home