Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's Autumn. It's time for cranberry walnut pumpkin bread...



















(Yeah, the cream cheese filling is purple. I can't remember the last time I baked without food coloring.)

and for woolen tweedy socks...


















...and for the new Knitty!

I'm particularly enamored by Serrano, Intolerable Cruelty, Red Herring (who doesn't love Cookie's photography?), and the stitch pattern on the Cable Net socks. But nothing compares to my astonishment, followed by reverent awe, followed by overpowering excitement when I saw this article. I guess I never really considered the possibilities double knitting yields, but I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot more to experiment with from now on. The thought of two socks at once on one set of dpn's makes my heart flutter with anxious desire.

In other news, the best moment of my life occurred a few days ago when I realized that a craft store I hadn't exploited for fabric paint in over a year now carries a larger selection of yarn than my closest LYS. I seriously think I must have made the clerk quite uncomfortable by spending a good fifteen minutes making my way through the many, voluptuous aisles, literally touching every enticing ball of yarn within arm's reach... and then repeating the entire procedure several times. The only conflict I really saw was that the best moment of my life was quickly turning into that horrendous episode where I begin to think that maybe $16 for a 50-yard ball of laceweight fluff is a good idea (whoever Lorna is, I had an urge to kiss her).
Then I remembered that I, as an individual, am very stingy. I did get two substantial skeins of reasonably-priced wool:

















Which I stashed. You don't think I already have an idea for this yarn, do you? It was so soft. These tranquil colors, bless my unfortunate camera's poor sight, really bring out the best in each other. Just think of a fair isle hat--I must say, the mind reels pertaining to possible projects with this warm, alpaca-esque yarn--but truthfully, I kind of just like it how it is all wrapped up in the skeins. They bring me a sense of peace and contentment: "ooh, I have soft pretty yarn, in my possession and everything."

I've already made this post too long. I'll talk about WIPs on a later day. Love!

1 Comments:

At September 15, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Anushka said...

Stash!

I am a little alarmed by your tales regarding food colouring and bread~!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home