Saturday, September 30, 2006

I am ecstatic. Debbie Stoller, the renowned goddess of the modern world of craftiness (er, one of several goddesses) has selected my pattern to be a part of the new Stitch n' Bitch book. I am going to be in Stitch n' Bitch. Stitch n' Bitch is going to be including me.
I don't know what else to say without gloating so I'll just stop. The pattern is for a fancy little hat, but I'll not spoil the surprise!

Sockies:
























Okay, so I really don't have enough accomplished to imply the plural yet, but the progress so far is nice. They are (rather, it is) wooly enough to be warm and snuggly, yet the gauge is loose so that these socks won't be too bunchy or hot. I'd really like to try this pattern again with solid sock yarn, as I think the sporadic yet colorful "lint surprises" kind of take away from the elegance of the fair isle detail.

Aye, what's this? It looks like a back, just chillin' out on my uber-diy blocking board!

Eww, check out that gross uneven tension on the vertical stripes. I've got to go back with a crochet hook and fiddle with that. Then, cast on for the front pieces!
I'll elaborate on this project in the next post. For now, it's a secret. ;)

(And yes, I do have an unbelievably long torso.)

4 Comments:

At September 30, 2006 12:03 PM, Blogger SmurfPop said...

Wow, congratulations on being in the new Stitch 'n' Bitch, that's fantastic! Well done :D

 
At October 01, 2006 7:24 AM, Blogger Anushka said...

Oh my god! Wow!!! Congratulations!!!

 
At October 02, 2006 11:46 AM, Blogger lomester said...

WOW!!! That is so incredible! Contratualtions! As soon as the book comes out I will be buying it and looking for your pattern.

 
At October 02, 2006 2:19 PM, Blogger rachel iufer said...

i'm SO looking forward to seeing your stuff in the new SnB! congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home