Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Where on earth have I gone? I do not haste to confess: not far. The essences of college applications, service, and those never-failing seven solid hours of busywork a day are standing on my shoulders and thickening the air around me.

Knitting? I'm in a major era of stashbusting right now, as well as getting some design ideas out of my head and into material contours.

So if you were wondering why God made huge circular needles and enormously fat skeins of janky worsted acrylic ...

























It's so that I can do miles and miles of really abrasive stockinette. Truly, that is why.

I wish I could present some exciting documentation of progress, but a more sumptuous image post really doesn't look likely at the moment. I think the three projects so similar in method and material are kind of self-explanatory.
Pray for me that my cerebral cortex doesn't go numb.

7 Comments:

At October 25, 2006 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stockinette stitch can be quite mind numbing, but it also makes it so you can do other things while knitting.
Circular needles are my favorite, but someone gave me a bunh of straight aliminium from the thrift shop so I have no reason to buy more =(

 
At October 27, 2006 1:43 PM, Blogger Anushka said...

Ooh, Ooh, but the colours are so preeeeeeeeeeeeety.....

 
At October 27, 2006 7:03 PM, Blogger Alexa said...

Looks like you're having as much fun with school as I am! Pretty colors, by the way.

 
At October 30, 2006 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, now I'm double posting -_-
Since you seem to be the queen of sock making (I'm being qutie serious), could you recommend and yarns to me? My mom wants socks for christmas, but I don't know jack about what to look for in a sock yarn. Also, know of any good online sock stores? I would appreciate any suggestions =)

 
At November 04, 2006 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At November 04, 2006 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I removed my last post for major spelling errors. ST ST is indeed mind numbing that's why I knit double pointed needles or in the round on circulars.

 
At February 08, 2007 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All - I'm an editor at a London-based publishing company. Looking for craft ideas to make for and with children for our upcoming publication, Making Stuff for Kids. Check out our website on www.blackdogonline.com
And if you think you might want to contribute ideas, my e-mail address is: ziggy@blackdogonline.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home