Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The fruit of yesterday and today's labor manifests itself here, in a most ghastly mess on my hand:


















Gloves that look like trees, haha, get it? (By the way--there's nothing to get besides that they're gloves that look like trees.)
They're eventually, after much alteration, going to be a Christmas present for my sister.

Sadly, my first attempt to make this vision a reality is quickly approaching its downfall. The whole knuckle portion is so not knuckle-shaped, and the open stitch I used on the fingers makes the points at the end completely twisted. Not to mention the fact that they don't look as much like trees as I expected they would. I believe when I start freshly from the hand again, I will begin the green earlier (like, start all 5 sections of leaves when the gusset starts) and not go so crazy with the increases. Until then, a hearty frog session is due.
P.S. if you feel inspired, your input is always appreciated. I feel like I'm doing this is a lot more complicatedly than it needs to be.

To close, I got my senior pictures back. I figured I'd exploit my pretty face after alarming you horribly with that wretched post-GWAR photo.
















The yearbook shot..............The one my mom likes, played with

5 Comments:

At November 15, 2006 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the idea of hand knit gloves. I actually tried to knit little mitts for my sister, they turned out like crap =P
You look really beautiful in your pictures =)

 
At November 16, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger Anushka said...

If it's at all any help, the gloves seem very you. And a lovely photo, too. (Though I like the one on the right the most.)

 
At November 16, 2006 5:12 PM, Blogger Sally Sue said...

Thank you, girls. emily, keep trying on the mitts! nush, seeing as my sister's gloves are me and my sister is like me only mega-environmentalist, I think it will work. :D

 
At November 17, 2006 8:57 AM, Blogger Anushka said...

Haha! Go trees! But are you knitting with eco-friendly yarn? You know how nondegradably polymers harm the environment. And I'm sure we've all read about the dangers of cotton farming.

 
At November 17, 2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Sally Sue said...

Eek! Well, they're certainly natural, but they aren't vegan (100% wool). And minimally processed yarn is unfortunately very hard to find for cheap. Hopefully she won't mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home