Monday, March 05, 2007

I'm finished with the squares. You hear me? Finished!!
Now all I've got to do is fold it in half, pick up all the stitches along the edge, and seam
.
It's great fun.

In other news, today was the first day in months that it has been warm and bright enough to take dreadfully sun-bleached pictures outside.
This is facing north.











And this half of a so-called mitten is an example of my perfectionism where you'd least expect it. My second attempt at using this happy yarn, it's going to get run over by the frog bus again real soon. The 3x3 rib is too loose this time (first time was 1x1), the stitch pattern is too sloppy, and, frankly, its parallel texture is just not visually complex enough for me. Next time through, expect cables or something.
Hey, I'm not sick of looking at this yarn yet, which is a good sign.

2 Comments:

At March 05, 2007 3:47 PM, Blogger rachel iufer said...

dang that scarf must be a lot of work. stoked to see the finished product.

good luck fixing the mittens. you'll do an excellent job i'm sure!

 
At March 06, 2007 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never have the patience to actually finish a scarf like that, but it certainly is awesome looking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home