exams -> graduation -> work. There was no in between. Now I'm reading in all of my down time--and, until the past couple days, completely uninspired by the thought of wool in my sweaty, calloused palms.
I have, however, managed to squeeze out a hat and a bandana from the beautiful rayon yarn in the previous post. (I forgot to take pictures. They were for a friend.)
Now that I'm back in the swing of things, when I wasn't hauling bags of soil (I work at a gardening shop), biking, socializing, or sleeping, I have recently produced a dull, gray blob of stitches:
I'd like to tell myself that it's a bag; once it has been felted perhaps it will deserve such a title. For now, it's a testament to my sudden urge to be productive once again, and also a pretty sweet exhibition of impromptu shaping. You can't see it, but there is definite use of short rows, double decreases, and kitchener's stitch in there.
Now please, please, felt just perfectly for me?
Oh yeah, and I've also come up with my first ever hand-woven center pull skein.
It's pretty shitty and it looks less like a skein and more like a very large cocoon, but it works.
Here it is, in all its bulky, single-ply, fabulously-dyed glory, coupled by the orchid I'm inadvertently killing.
Hmm, I feel bad about abandoning the internet. I think I'll conclude this post with some pictures from a recent excursion to Cincinnati:
Monday, June 25, 2007
- Name: Sally Sue
- Location: Lexington, KY
I am a recent college graduate, living in a small apartment with my girlfriend, my cello, and her life-size Frankenstein model.
- Glitz Knitz
- GrrLeigh Knits
- I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
- Katie Knits
- rachel iufer
- See Eunny Knit!
- The Square Peg
- Yarn Abuse
- Yarn Harlot
- The past couple weeks have been... well, I won't e...
- Who drops by your house when you're out, leaving t...
- Look at that. Why, it's a hat. This was my first ...
- I'm finished with the squares. You hear me? Fini...
- Gary, the very squarey Stashbuster, is grooooowing...
- A couple of Valentines Day FO's! a mitered square ...
- I present to you... the least convenient time poss...
- Ooooooooooooooooooooookay. Be ready for the FO pos...
- So... sorry that this blog kinda fel...
- I made love pie! Here's what's in lo...
< ? I heart Craftster >
Join // Powered by RingSurf