exams -> graduation -> work. There was no in between. Now I'm reading in all of my down time--and, until the past couple days, completely uninspired by the thought of wool in my sweaty, calloused palms.
I have, however, managed to squeeze out a hat and a bandana from the beautiful rayon yarn in the previous post. (I forgot to take pictures. They were for a friend.)
Now that I'm back in the swing of things, when I wasn't hauling bags of soil (I work at a gardening shop), biking, socializing, or sleeping, I have recently produced a dull, gray blob of stitches:
I'd like to tell myself that it's a bag; once it has been felted perhaps it will deserve such a title. For now, it's a testament to my sudden urge to be productive once again, and also a pretty sweet exhibition of impromptu shaping. You can't see it, but there is definite use of short rows, double decreases, and kitchener's stitch in there.
Now please, please, felt just perfectly for me?
Oh yeah, and I've also come up with my first ever hand-woven center pull skein.
It's pretty shitty and it looks less like a skein and more like a very large cocoon, but it works.
Here it is, in all its bulky, single-ply, fabulously-dyed glory, coupled by the orchid I'm inadvertently killing.
Hmm, I feel bad about abandoning the internet. I think I'll conclude this post with some pictures from a recent excursion to Cincinnati:
Go knit stuff.
Monday, June 25, 2007
- Name: Sally Sue
- Location: Lexington, KY
I am a recent college graduate, living in a small apartment with my girlfriend, my cello, and her life-size Frankenstein model.
2008 Finished Knits
- White Cabled Square Hat
- Earflap Hat, Fuzzy Purple
- Square Hat, Pink/Purple Fuzzy
- Pink Mittens
- Earflap Hat, Fuzzy Purple (sold)
- Fair isle fingerless gloves (sold)
2007 Finished Knits
- Fair isle earflap hat #2 for Katie
- Fair isle earflap hat #1 for Kate
- Blue socks for Mom
- Green socks for Dad
- Fingerless gloves (sold)
- Drab Argyle Sweater-vest
- Colorful Honeycomb Brioche/Drop Stitch Scarf
- Fingerless Hobo Gloves
- Cabled Short-sleeve Cotton Sweater
- Rayon Bandanas for Miriam #1 and #2
- Rayon Hats for Miriam #1 and #2
- Headbands Galore
- Purple Cotton Hat
- Valentine's Scarf and Wristwarmer Set
- Andy's Chullo
- Hats for the Homeless
2006 Finished Knits
- Om pad
- Lauren's Entrelac Scarf
- Tree Armwarmers
- Rainbow Gloves
- Frilly Wristwarmers
- A quick scarf
- "Knit Core" top for Felika
- Rainbow Bass Clef Bag
- Four cabled hats I didn't blog
- Elfin prom dress
- Rose of Sharon (blue buttony pullover)
- two-colored cable hat (okayish)
- Marvin (black and white striped scarf)
- Ice Cream Hat the second
- Ice Cream Hat the first
- Cyndle's pixie hat
- July 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- December 2005
- January 2006
- February 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- May 2006
- June 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- November 2006
- January 2007
- February 2007
- March 2007
- April 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007
- September 2007
- October 2007
- December 2007
- February 2008
- Current Posts
- Some knitting as of late. Warning: mass pictoral p...
- Some of the Christmas knitting that's been going o...
- Work in progress.
- So I opened an Etsy shop. ...And made a sale les...
- Hey, does anybody remember this long-retired flour...
- I finished the hat. It was a surprisingly quick ...
- All right, so it's been quite a bit of time since ...
- Listen up, Sally. When you knit--you know, with ya...
- exams -> graduation -> work. There was no in bet...
- The past couple weeks have been... well, I won't e...
< ? I heart Craftster >
Join // Powered by RingSurf